Asbestos is a naturally occurring mineral which has been used extensively for about 150 years. It is versatile, plentiful and ideal as a fireproofing and insulating material. However, all forms of asbestos are considered to be carcinogenic. The inhalation of asbestos fibres can cause three main and potentially fatal diseases: mesothelioma (a cancer of the lining of the lung), lung cancer and asbestosis.
The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 within the United Kingdom require that the hazards from asbestos are identified and managed in the workplace.
At APEC, a UKAS accredited testing laboratory and inspection body
we offer comprehensive, quality-controlled asbestos consultancy services, including:
- Management, Refurbishment and Demolition surveys of all types of buildings ranging from domestic properties to large chemical production plants
- Airborne respirable asbestos fibre sampling and analysis
- 4-stage Certificate of Reoccupation
- Bulk sample analysis
- Development and delivery of Asbestos Awareness Training
- Preparing specifications for the removal of asbestos
- Direct supervision of asbestos removal works, under our Supervisory Licence granted by the HSE
- Design team input to comply with the Construction Design and Management Regulations
If you are interested in any of the above services please 'Contact Us' for further details.